January 21, 2014

Sailing to Philadelphia.

The theme for 2014 is spontaneity. I think so far I have done a pretty good job. Especially on this last escapade to Philly. Sunday night, a bunch of us found out we could get a car for the day under twenty bucks, so we made a quick, easy decision. We visited Independence Hall where the Declaration magic happened, the houses of Betsy Ross and Benjamin Franklin, and of course ate a Philly Cheese Steak. Again, I'll let pictures tell the story.












And don't worry--we found the missionaries. Twice. This one, on the steps of Rocky!


“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

1 comment:

bobandhelen said...

So happy that you are having these wonderful experiences! (But how did all of you get into one car??)