But I'll tell you a little about what I'm doing here in the District. I'm one of the seven interns for Senator Lee who gets to give tours of the Capitol building (starting in the Visitors' Center--I'm right at home), answer phone calls and emails, and basically helping out any part of the staff that needs help. So yes, when you think of a typical intern, that's me. We are definitely the lowest paid people in Washington, but hey, at least it's something! Yesterday we got to go "get lost" in the Capitol so we can start learning our way around.
It is really fun to be in the middle of everything. I am a huge fan of being in such a big city with so much to do. I love the 45-minute commute to and from work, because that means I get to read the Book of Mormon or New Testament, or whatever I feel like studying that day. My new ward is awesome, I absolutely love my roommates, and life is great.
I can't wait until payday, however, so I can stop eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch.
3 comments:
Goodness! I read this to Grandpa and we both said, "We'll send you some money (and we won't tell anyone) if you will send us your address. (Do you have a bank account? CALL ME!
Oh, that was not a plea for money! No, don't worry...it is kinda fun to be poor. I'm used to it. :) Money makes people do stupid things, anyway!
You and my sister are so much alike it makes me laugh...except you did things in the opposite order. :) My baby sister Rachel was an intern in D.C. for Senator Bennett for a few months. (While she was there I had the opportunity to visit for a few days and had her show me all around...I'm a history major so I of course LOVED it. It was actually my second time in D.C.) And then after her internship ended she was offered an official job with Sen. Bennett but she gave it up because she felt like she should go on a mission. And was then called to the your exact same New York Rochester Mission giving tours at all the church sites. (I visited her there too...) :) Granted this was all quite a few years ago...she finished her mission in 2006.
Anyhow, have a wonderful time in D.C.!!! It's such a neat city!
Post a Comment