Yesterday, Instead of being a "kind of local," I was most definitely a tourist. After figuring out how I need to get from door to door starting tomorrow morning, I took myself around DC. Since it was close, I went straight to the Capitol building:
And since it was Saturday, it was closed, so no tours. But because I will be the ones giving the tours shortly, it didn't really matter. Then, I had to go see the Constitution and Declaration of Independence since they are fading fast. So I walked down the street to the National Archives:
With the security guard thinking he was Eddie Murphy, it made the long line not as lonely by myself. But once I got in, it was so worth it. I wish I could have taken pictures in the Rotunda where those documents are held, because it was absolutely incredible. I thought about what Nephi recorded about the coming forth of a free nation. Read 2 Nephi 10. Then, it was off to the American History Museum:
My favorite thing there (out of the thirty minutes I had) was to look at the wardrobes of the First Ladies. I wish I would have gotten pictures--oh well. Let's be honest, I wish I could have tried them all on!
I am so excited to get a personal relationship with this place. It's good to be back in the East. And talk about missionary experiences...He will give them to you if you ask--that's for sure!
No comments:
Post a Comment