December 6, 2011

Procrastination.

I wish this wasn't my best talent. I am professional at procrastinating. 


However, I recently discussed with a friend that procrastinating can be good. You see, I'm awesome under pressure. I get things done, and I get them done well. So basically, I'm creating situations for myself where I can succeed...by procrastinating. Really though, I'd rather just wait until the night before, and have one long block of working on a paper. If I don't, instead I'd have to break it up into small chunks of time and change my mind a million times. That sounds horrible. Right? Yeah, I'm just going to convince myself that it's normal.


It would be nice to get everything done ahead of time and have a lot of time to myself. (Time to myself? What does that mean?) I could take my time at the gym, play the piano more often, start knitting...etc. If I didn't procrastinate my huge research paper until this weekend (because let's be honest it won't get done until Saturday night) I could have a lot more fun this weekend. But will I? No. I'll be boring. And I'm going to plant myself in my room with a big bowl of popcorn, and write it. I'm determined to succeed.


...and I'm still writing this blog post. I could have gotten an awesome start on my paper. Oh well, procrastination it is. 

3 comments:

Marissa said...

ha i totally agree about getting it done in one sitting. i'm just do much of a control freak and get it done on day one. hahahaha. in case something comes up and i'm needed somewhere else. but you are a hardworker that gets the job done!! get the job done this weekend ;) eh eh. WAIT!!!! you cannot do your paper this weekend. THIS WEEKEND OF ALL WEEKENDS? do it tonight, monica!!!!! (she says in a non-bossy way)

Anna said...

such is life, muh dear. I hate procrastination but it looooooves me. And really, writing is always at its best at three in the morning. (I'm procrastinating making a movie right now or "taking a break").

bobandhelen said...

I really don't believe this weekend will be boring! Al contrario!