December 8, 2011

What I love so much.

The TV industry. More specifically--the sports TV industry. There's just something about it...It's so...exciting. I think I like it so much due to the fact that there's never ever the same thing twice, and if there is, you're in trouble. So, we're all running around on our beautiful (long) Mondays with a million thoughts going through our minds at once. Granted I'm new at this, so hopefully I can get it under control asap. But it all seems to somehow come together perfectly on one half-hour television show. 


...except for the fact that all of us in the Production Control room are critiquing every little thing that goes on air. I guess that's what makes our show so awesome! I did however hear some great news: we're getting new equipment for our motion graphics that's going to make us look as cool as ESPN. Word. 


Like this:






This was from 2009, and they've gotten way better since then. (The only example I could find on YouTube.) But you get the picture. Watch out ESPN, here comes BYUtv Sports! (ha. ha.) But doesn't that make you just get the chills? Man I love my job. 


This week has been great, so I'm not really looking forward to this Monday through Wednesday in Provo. Then I'm free and on my way back home! But, I've got a lot to do until then.  All I want to do right now is cuddle up on the couch while watching It's a Wonderful Life, see snow falling outside my window, and have a big mug of hot chocolate in my hand. The Christmas dream, right? I've still got two papers and two finals to go...wish me luck. And, it's almost midnight and still not going to bed. College girl: SUCCESS.



No comments: