December 3, 2011

Oh, what a beautiful day.

Yesterday took Fridays to a whole new level. I already knew Fridays were great, so naturally, I was expecting it to be a great day. Little did I know that it would be an excellent day.


In the morning, I got to attend the Utah Women for Mitt Romney luncheon at Thanksgiving Point. It was incredible to finally meet his wife Ann and to hear the personal side of Mitt's campaign. Did you know she has MS? And didn't have enough strength because of it to even cook a meal when her husband got the call to run the 2002 Olympics? And she fought breast cancer? Talk about trials...I had chills through the whole thing. That Romney family is amazing. And the best part: the majority of it was the emphasis on the importance of a marriage. She cherishes her marriage to Mitt, is his biggest supporter, and made sure we all knew the only reason they got where they are, is because of each other.


Mrs. Romney wasn't the first cool person I met yesterday. I was pretty much star-struck meeting this next one. I met NieNie! I was just at the check-in table, had my head in the stack and asked for a last name, heard Nielson, looked up, and she was right in front of me! The first words I could get out of my mouth were, "Wow! I read your blog all the time!" She just laughed and said thank you, gave me a huge smile and went upstairs. Yeah, I could have said something more profound. But let me tell you this one thing: the moment I met her, I could feel the Spirit all around her. Her presence is enough for people to feel the love that oozes out of her. She has gone through one of the hardest things I could ever imagine, and she still smiled at me on her way out. On her blog, Stephanie also emphasizes her love and her marriage to her Mr. Nielson. 


Stephanie (and her family) before the accident...(via)

...and after. (via) Read her blog at:
www.nieniedialogues.blogspot.com
I drove back to Provo just beaming at how cool that whole experience was. I went straight into work and my boss put me on the Countdown to Kickoff show tomorrow. BYU vs. Hawaii...our last meeting didn't look so hot in '01. Hopefully Coach Doman will get the adrenaline going from that horrible game, and pummel those Warriors. With their starting QB out with a broken tibia, we're expected to do very well. Anyway, I think I started doing a pretty good job at the show, and I'm starting to get a hang of everything. After one week! I definitely have seen way too many old Hawaii highlights, but watching the huge play by Kyle Morrell in 1984 never gets old. This morning I am going in to finish it all up. It looks neat-o. Then to top it all off, I had a date with Gold's Gym and probably the best time I've ever had at the Provo temple. 


So...this Friday was great. Can I wait until next Friday? No. It's that impatient thing I was talking about. I'm being very impatient.

1 comment:

bobandhelen said...

Beautiful Monica,
When I read your posts, I smile and feel my day becoming brighter just by your optimism and joy you feel. Thanks. I love you. XXOO