November 27, 2011

The last two weeks.

The time has come. The end is in sight--Fall semester is almost over. Which means nothing else but finals. This Thanksgiving break whispered to me "ahh, you're home for the Holidays." But then I realized the "just kidding" was coming, knowing the hardest two weeks are still ahead of me. When I say hard, I mean having the least patience of my life. I actually have two finals. And one two-page paper. Actually, let me just completely take back the word "hard" and replace it with "impatient." I'm just waiting for it to be over.


Thank goodness I have my job to keep me very much occupied. We've got three more episodes to film until the 19th, not to mention all of the new schedules, deadlines, and protocols I have to learn. 7 a.m. Monday morning call time...all day baby. Oh I'm giddy thinking about going to work tomorrow! And that, my friends, is how it should be. 


I'm back to Provo tonight for one last go. I have to leave our lovely tree we decorated today. I'll pass the lights on temple square that are calling (screaming) my name. And four weeks from today it will actually feel like winter, thanks to the NBA. (What a Christmas present!) But this wonderful break brought much-needed family time, many not-needed calories, and a whole lotta love. 


Making my famous Chicken Enchilada soup...
I mean a recipe from Pinterest. But it was dang good.

My beautiful mother at our leaf-raking party on Saturday.

We set up an awesome Christmas village right here in our kitchen. 
It's the first year we have it, and we feel so festive!

We also bought some "kissing crystals," aka mistletoe. Now where to hang it??



1 comment:

bobandhelen said...

We're so happy that the Christmas village is being put to use! Enjoy!