November 30, 2011

The great reward.

I was just sitting at work this morning, looking out the window into the studio where we shoot True Blue. A quote from President Gordon B. Hinckley popped into my head, that I graciously was reminded of from a friend yesterday.


"Well, you dear women, I say thanks to you. Thank you for being the kind of people you are and doing the things you do. May the blessings of heaven rest upon you. May your prayers be answered and your hopes and dreams become realities. You serve so well in the Church. You think it is so demanding. It is. But with every responsibility fulfilled, there comes a great reward." -President Hinckley


Link: To the Women of the Church
Yes, there are many demanding things in life. But as I looked out to in fact see that studio, I reminisced back to when I was only touring those facilities. I even looked down at the BYU Broadcasting lanyard I had around my neck to make sure I still wasn't dreaming. And it doesn't stop with sportscasting. It's a proven fact that if you do fulfill those responsibilities, there is an even better reward. (See Spiderman for further authentication.) I promise it works, and I promise it's more than fantastic. 



2 comments:

Catherine said...

This was exactly what I needed to read last night!! Thanks so much, Monica! Congrats again on all the great things happening in your life right now :)

bobandhelen said...

My darling Monica,
You are such an example to us and to your mom and dad---well, everyone! We are so thrilled that you now have your dream (well, one of them!), and can do what you were born to do! Enjoy the ride!