November 24, 2011

I'm thankful for...

"We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures." -Thornton Wilder 


Having my family here on Thanksgiving day gives me physical evidence of the best thing I've ever been given. I've been more than blessed lately, which easily makes 2011 the best year of my life so far. These are just some other of the many things that I thank God I have on Thanksgiving day.

  • My faith in the Savior.
  • My new job.
  • A warm bed.
  • My gym pass.
  • My car.
  • Beautiful parents.
  • The ability to think.
  • My best friends.
  • My skis.
  • My major.
  • Being the oldest.
  • My health.
  • And last but definitely not least, love.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. Congrats to the Packers for beating the Lions, and good luck to the 49ers tonight. (I should support my man Dennis Pitta, but I'm a 49ers fan.) May you all pass all of your finals, and spend too much money tomorrow while I'm Christmas-izing my house. It's now officially the Christmas holiday, which officially makes me one happy girl.

2 comments:

Sharlene Hawkes said...

I sure love you and like you Monica! I especially love the way you communicate--I can just hear you say it as I read it. What a gift!
Mom

bobandhelen said...

Amen to that! You are amazing!