I was sitting in the car a couple weeks ago, waiting at the mission home for my mission parents to take us out to dinner and catch up. President was coming from interviews and got home later than he thought. (But we were all having a great time talking; in no rush at all!) As we were getting to pull out of the driveway to follow them to the restaurant, he did something I don't think I'll ever forget. He got out of the car, picked up a basketball, and started shooting hoops with his sons. Not a big deal, right? Well, it wasn't for the ordinary person.
It also reminded me of the many, many, many times my own mom and dad did that for us. Could my mom have earned a heck-of-a-lot more money at ESPN? Absolutely. But she chose to raise a Christ-centered family instead. What does every book in every scripture start with? A family. There is no coincidence in that. We are commanded to put our family first, regardless of circumstance.
Because when you do that, you're putting God first.
No comments:
Post a Comment