![]() |
| First day at Brigham Young. August '09 |
So long, Provo. (Long as in two years.) I just walked off campus for the last time in two full years. It's pretty weird...since I've spent every week there since freshman year. I'll go on my mission, then after next year's Christmas I'm off to D.C. for a few months. Then...back to Provo. I really don't know how I'm going to come back here and feel like I'm moving on with my life, but we'll figure it out.
I have a couple Poli Sci papers to finish up, and I'm FREE! My Living Prophets test was a beast today--I'm really glad it's over. Tomorrow I'm back home, and Friday is the official moving day. Everything is going so fast. The next thing I know I'll be teaching the Gospel all day, every day.
I wish I could just stop my life sometimes. Everything is simply amazing. How often can you say you're in college one month, on a mission the next, and 18 months later living on the East Coast? Most of my friends haven't started their families yet, and I have the luxury of seeing them whenever I want. I still have the great mystery of falling in love with "the one," and I'm now at the age where I can go anywhere, do anything, and not be tied down.
Oh, and I've got a trip to California with my mom, sisters, and my best friend next week. Again, I wish I could just stop my life sometimes.
Favorite song of the week: Chances by Five for Fighting
"Chances are when said and done, who'll be the lucky one to make it all the way? Lay your money on the sun, until you crash what have you done? Is there a better bet than love? What you are is what you breathe, you gotta cry before you sing."

2 comments:
yaaaaay, Mon!!!! I'm so excited for the new phases in your life! I love you!!
I sense a little nostalgia in this blog, Mon, and yet a lot of hope and excitement in what lies ahead in the future. We pray for you daily and will always. XXOO
Post a Comment