October 26, 2011

Why I'll vote in 2012.

Disclaimer: Some of you will not agree with me, so don't feel like you need to read this and start a huge discussion about who is right, and who is wrong. But here's why I'm voting for Mitt Romney.


I've had the chance a couple of times to meet Governor Romney. Once when he ran in '08, and a couple months ago at a fundraiser in Salt Lake. He treated me like I was more important than he is. The President shouldn't be a dictator, and he knows that and how to be an effective leader, but at the same time act on the "same plane" as everyone else.

I've been able to work on Romney's campaign for a few months now, and my favorite thing about it: I've met so many awesome, driven people.  I love that everyone on the campaign has the same time-line, and we all work together towards one common goal. We're all on the same page, and we share our successes together. (i.e. 13,000 calls on National Call Day from our call center alone!) I also love that everyone on the campaign here on campus has busy lives; we aren't just college kids looking for something to put on our resume. We really care about changing something that will, no doubt, affect us.

Here are just 4 out of many reasons why I'll cast my ballot for Governor Romney:
  • If elected, he already knows what he'll do in office. He's got a specific fact sheet of five bills and five executive orders of what he'll do on day one. (Too long to put on here...if you want it I'll send it to you.) So he's not just trying to tell us what we want to hear. He's never changed his mind on what needs done for America.
  • He's already got a history of turning struggling organizations around, has done his research, and understands the economy more than any other candidate. 
  • He's committed to lower taxes, whatever it takes--including cutting spending from the federal government itself. Why am I in favor of that? It's a free country. Let's do what we want, work as hard as we can to make our own money, and live life peacefully (with much less governmental interaction) with our families that is my classic "American dream." 
  • He's not forgetting the military and the victories we've already established in Iraq. How about I just quote in Romney's own words: “President Obama’s astonishing failure to secure an orderly transition in Iraq has unnecessarily put at risk the victories that were won through the blood and sacrifice of thousands of American men and women. The unavoidable question is whether this decision is the result of a naked political calculation or simply sheer ineptitude in negotiations with the Iraqi government. The American people deserve to hear the recommendations that were made by our military commanders in Iraq.”
You guys, our government is shattered. We need someone like Mitt who will stand up and sacrifice for the goal of the majority. This is my first presidential election I get to vote, and I'm so excited to be a part of it. No, I'm not getting paid to write this, and I don't get paid for any of the work on the campaign! It's all volunteer for us--because we all believe America needs to be fixed...asap. Granted, I've still got a lot to learn about politics, but this one is apparent: I'll be raising my kids when Obama's failed policies really come into play, and I'm going to do something about it right now.

A good, sum up quote from our newest team member, Former NH Governor/White House Chief of Staff John H. Sununu:

“I’m supporting Governor Romney because he is a solid conservative who is committed to reducing taxes, cutting spending and preserving America’s military strength. Mitt has served as a governor, had a successful career in the private sector, and acquired the executive experience needed to turn around our economy and fix our broken government,” said Governor Sununu. “He has demonstrated that he is the strongest candidate to take on President Obama in 2012 and restore fiscal sanity to Washington.”

With that being said. I hope you vote in the primary election (if you're Republican) and then please vote in 2012. Watch the debate on November 9th (6 p.m. Mountain Time on CNBC) to decide who you're going to vote for. Do your research, and vote for who you believe in. Just please, vote.

2 comments:

Steph Romney said...

Monica, I'm glad you take the time to be an informed voter. I believe Romney is what this country needs, his experience alone makes him more qualified than any other candidate. I will be voting because it's my right as a citizen but also because I know that my vote is important (not just because I want family in the white house;)).

This country needs people like yourself to become informed and take action.

Laura said...

Amen sister!