October 12, 2011

Halfway done.

I'm halfway done with my first semester of being an upperclassman. I have three more semesters to go.  But really, halfway already? Where did this time go? I swear I was just sitting in my Book of Mormon class freshman year at 7 a.m. wondering what the heck I was thinking signing up for something that early. Now I'm closer to graduating than I am to living at good 'ole Heritage. Oh...Heritage.

Two and a half years later, I've still got final project ideas to think of, midterms to take (thankfully all online...we can thank journalism again for that one), and a lot of Cougar Club hours to work. No, I'm not counting down until Christmas break....ahem...9 weeks. I do find myself planning weekends in very far advance so I have something to look forward to on my calendar, and occasionally just writing in fun things so it looks like I'm doing something cool.  I did go bowling with the Wilk Crew last Monday though. That was an epic day for my social life.

Lexi and I bowling with the Wilk Crew. My worst day bowling yet...
although came in second place and was happy about it!

I have done very well this semester, and I accredit it to getting enough sleep, living with my cousin and Kaitlin, and signing up for classes that are helpful to my life. I've noticed that I've been very motivated in going to every class, because I know I am going to learn something there that I will need for future reference. And when I say future I don't mean for my next test. I mean, the future. My theory hasn't let me down yet. 

I also have to mention the front page article yesterday morning: "A profession not for the faint-of heart" Read it. Yay to Briana for making front page! 

Now after you've read that, can I say how proud I am of my major? Not enough. It was created for me. And also can I say how proud I am of my friends in the major? They're going places, and I'm lucky enough to have my name next to theirs. Everyone is outgoing and so eager to make friends in the newsroom. It's the perfect place for me. 


It's Wednesday, and my week is practically over. Then onto another week, booked with a trip to the State Capitol for my research class, then onto looking forward to another weekend...that will be spent in Park City with friends! Hooray for mom booking a lodge up at the Marriott. After that...7 weeks until Christmas break. Optimism.

3 comments:

Briana Carr said...

You're the best. I love you. Can't wait to be brunette buds once more. We're a dynamic duo.

Josh&Sharsti said...

Monica, you are awesome. Seriously. I miss you, and I really miss knowing all about you and a certain boy you enjoy writing...I think I'm in need of an update!

Ashley Collins said...

I'm betting on May of 2012. For you and Mr. Christmas break :)Also, I'm super jealous of how far you are in school it's crazy!