I felt all of the emotions at once. Scared, excited, nervous, crazy, confused...all of them. Some random guy that I met three weeks prior was coming to my house for a week to (pretty much) meet me and my whole family. It took me forever to try and pick out what to wear and how to do my hair; the whole week before he told me he had booked a flight! (I guess telling him I wanted to kiss his face without really saying those words got him here a bit quicker.)
Well, after he landed, it took all of about five seconds for me to realize it was a good idea that he came. But for him, he was as calm as a cucumber the entire time. I took that the wrong way the first day, but after getting a post-goodnight text saying, "So, did I pass the parents test?" I thought he might actually like me. Imagine that, flying across the country for a girl he doesn't know? Yeah, definitely not his normal personality. Looking back, this was a huge deal.
We decided to be tourists in Salt Lake for our first date the next morning, after my dad took him for a man-to-man horseride. (Poor guy.) I had a feeling we should just take a picture in front of the temple...
And now, one year later, I'm sitting here staring at my left ring finger, and looking at a picture that he sent me of our beautiful backyard sunset in our new house, wondering where the last year went. Time is going by way too fast. And I'm staring at this picture on my background.
He's going to kill me for this! But it's just so cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment