December 8, 2013

Worship.

At first I was a little skeptical of that word. I always thought of people weeping, wailing and gnashing their teeth, and not really internalizing what they actually "believe." (The Adversary proves opposition in all things, right?)  But I've been thinking a lot about how I worship, and what the word actually means.


lds.org


worship, verb:

to render religious reverence and homage, as to a deity
to attend services of divine worship
to feel an adoring reverence or regard

It was no coincidence that Sacrament Meeting today was focused around the word, and that the conversation even bled over into Sunday School and Relief Society. So I begun to make a list of what I do everyday that proves to me that I worship my Savior, Jesus Christ. Obviously the primary answers were on top of the list, like attend the temple, read scriptures, pray, but what about helping out at a service project? Or just listening to someone? As members of the Church we are asked to "mourn with those that morn, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort." (Mosiah 18:9) 

I've also been wondering why music was such a passion for me, specifically performing. And it just hit me...that is one of my favorite forms of worship. It's the whole concept of getting a talent and turning it into five kinda thing...I guess literally in this case. I would drop pretty much anything at a chance to just sit down at the piano and sing, because I get to show The Lord how thankful I am that I still get to be here, and to still use what He has given me.

It has been fun to always have on the back of my mind what more I can do. Like...keeping a blog!

No comments: