December 10, 2013

Food storage.


I'm not baby hungry, I promise. 
I'm just really taking advantage of the whole holding-kids-post-mission thing. 



I got to have dinner and FHE with my best friend's brother and sister-in-law this week, but what I really loved was them giving me priceless advice after the kids went to bed. I really liked the analogy that I'm building up spiritual food storage at this time in my life. There will be a time where I will need to use my food storage, but because I can afford it in mass amounts right now, I need to really stock up. They have a fantastic family, so I take everything they say pretty seriously!


I also got to go to Temple Square with some of my mission friends, then see the ACTUAL Smith Patented Printing Press that printed the first 5,000 copies of the Book of Mormon. I can't tell you how many times the words,"no, that's not the original, it's in Salt Lake City," came out of my mouth in New York. I just felt very proud seeing it, and knowing that Alison and I got to be two of many sisters that defended what happened on that press.


That's pretty much my weekly update, with lots of working  at BYU in between. I just found out I get to work with the media back in D.C. along with being "the intern," so that's pretty exciting news. 

So yes, I am building my food storage--one scripture read and one little miracle written down at a time.


2 comments:

bobandhelen said...

Love, love your comments on your blog. Keep it going! Grandma

Heidi said...

Love your comments too! The grandma of the other girl in the pic! Heidi