I've got sooo much to do. But I needed to take a little break. I don't even want to think about tomorrow..I'm working a little over 14 hours. Plus papers and projects and trying to take a test...my main goal right now is just to get a decent grade in my classes. Let's be honest, I'll be happy with a passing grade.
Easter Sunday was great. We had a bunch of family over, and I ate close to a pound of chocolate. Usually someone would be exaggerating when they make this kind of a statement...nope. I feel so disgusting. But focusing on Christ's Resurrection was wonderful, and very good to reflect on. I've been obsessed with everything Church History related that I almost forgot that our beliefs really began in the Old and New Testaments.
In the Bible, there are so many life lessons we can apply. Every parable from the Four Gospels, every account of Christ serving the people...they are just as important as the Book of Mormon. Especially the great and last sacrifice He made for us on the cross. Like Elder Holland said this last General Conference, there is no sin so great that couldn't be covered by the Atonement of Jesus Christ. He suffered every last one, and there is always a chance to come back to Him.
I love this Church so much. Once I made the decision to serve a mission, nothing else really seems extremely important in my life. He doesn't care if I produce True Blue tomorrow by 4 or 6 o'clock, or even how much I procrastinate my political science paper. Every belief that we have as members of the Church is what's important. If I'm following Him to the best of my ability, nothing else seems to matter.
I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have Him to lean on. Especially heading into tomorrow...wish me luck!
1 comment:
Love ya Monica. Good luck in your last few weeks (or is it only one week?) of school!
Post a Comment