April 1, 2012

45 days.

One more transfer. a.k.a. 6 weeks. And I'm finally out in the field. That's all I've been thinking about. I seriously, honestly, truly believe that my mission is the best mission in the world. Yes, I'm completely biased and I'm proud of it. But it's true. I've googled out the terms "New York Rochester," "Hill Cumorah Pageant," and "New York Sister Missionaries." 

So yeah...I'm going to be one of those missionaries. I've even started my mission blog that my sister will post my letters on. For the next 6 weeks, I'm going to post thoughts and things I learn about the great state of New York. Feel free to read...although it won't be terribly exciting until I get on my actual mission.


In other words, General Conference was amazing. Brooke and I went to both sessions Saturday, and watched the Sunday session at home. It was a great girls' weekend. She and I have grown to become great friends--I'm going to miss her when she goes to Wales on study abroad! Oh wait, I'm leaving too. I guess I can't complain. 



1 comment:

Rachel said...

Hello - you don't know me - I accidentally cliked on your blog from my sister's (Sarah Croft) but I'm glad I did. Congrats on your call to Rochester. The NYRM (prononounced nerm) is the best mission in the world. That's where I had the privilege of serving, and so did my husband. We loved serving there, and I'm sure you will too. Good luck and love from a random stranger! :) Rachel L.