February 16, 2012

Single Awareness Day

It's funny how Valentine's Day is so awkward. You'll only get a date if you're "official" with someone. If you're not, it's awkward when your friends ask you if you should be/not be with the person that day, get/not get them a valentine, or go/not go on that special date. Knowing I had no "Valentine" as the week started, it was pretty rough with all the paper hearts on campus. (Is that just BYU?) But as the hours went by on the actual day, it turned into being great. The rough start goes as follows. 


I was at work with this:




And this:


But then it turned into this:



My best friend and I got to babysit her little niece and nephew, while their parents didn't have an awkward date. These kids are absolutely adorable, and it just made me want to be a mom that much more. I could just eat their little faces. We had ourselves a pizza party, danced to the rock version of Popcorn Popping, and then put them to bed in time to sit and just watch TV...something I haven't done for a very long time!


A little bit about my BFF: we have the same major, we have the same job, and we got to know each other at Young Ambassador callbacks. Both of us didn't make the final cut, and found ourselves both cast in Signin' in the Rain this summer. Oh and yes, we did spend Valentines together. If that right there doesn't tell you enough about our love lives...we have the exact same life. 



Right before bed, Abby and Brig came and plopped themselves on my lap to watch The Lion King on Reb's legendary iPhone. It was so great to relax with these little cuties. I almost took them home with me.


Oh, and I started my mission papers today. What?!?!

1 comment:

Chloe Lynn said...

you what?!!?!? you're going on a mission?!?!