February 27, 2012

One stay at BYU I-do...is enough.

I gained a new love for Provo this weekend. Let me preface this: Idaho is gorgeous. It's where I can go to escape, and most of my family lives there. But. It's FREEZING. And there's nothing to do. Apparently guys go on multiple dates a week to Sammy's? (Which is good. Guys, props to asking girls out.) But there's got to be more to do. Yeah, nothing...except to just be with my lovely sister, Nicole. We're really sad that Sarah couldn't come...VHS Musical calls. We don't know why Nicole chose this boring town to further her education, but that's okay. I'm just glad I'm here in civilization where I can walk outside with a jacket on and not feel like I'm crossing the plains. As far away as she is however, at least we can have conversations like this:

  
(This is when she missed my debut on national television...and I gave her a really hard time about it.)


(And this is how we discuss our near-future-ish plans.)

But when we're together, we really do things like this:

 Actually, I lied, she's the only one that does things like this. But it's still pretty cool that she does them. I'd never even touch that thing. She even suggested our Saturday afternoon activity to go and watch some cows...I thought she was kidding. She wasn't. They really do that. Anyway, my week/weekend was filled with a bunch of other fun (sanitary) things. Not just work and school, but a few other things to make the time go by faster before I turn in these:


I'm so excited! They're going in about two weeks. Don't worry, I'll post an obligatory status on Facebook of where I'm going and when I'm leaving. I honestly don't even care where I am called, as long as I get to put on the badge ASAP. I've been waiting for this day for a long time. I know people say they'll go wherever...but honestly. I'll go wherever. So stoked.

A few other things I did (if you can't tell, I love having a phone that takes pictures):




That's all for now. Off to Las Vegas tomorrow for some awesome weather in the 70's and some good college basketball!

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Monica that's awesome, congratulations! I can't wait to hear where you will be serving. (Maybe you shouldn't have knocked Idaho so soon, they apparently need more cute girls up there :))

Nicole said...

Oh, come one. It's not THAT bad. I really would go to Provo though, but they don't have cows. Sorry.

Chloe Lynn said...

Monica! you are amazing :) I love reading your blog and keeping update on your life! I would love to hear where you are going! I can't wait to find out :) Miss you tons my love!

bobandhelen said...

Dear, beautiful Mon,
How I love to read your blogs! Especially this one about your visit to Nicole's environs! I sure learn a lot about you and your insights into life!