December 22, 2011

Love is Christmas.

"Christmas--that magic blanket that wraps itself about us, that something so intangible that it is like a fragrance. It may weave a spell of nostalgia. Christmas may be a day of feasting, or of prayer, but always it will be a day of remembrance--a day in which we think of everything we have ever loved." -Augusta E. Rundel

Christmas '10
Everything I've ever loved during Christmastime:
  • A family that's still together.
  • A strong house that I've been blessed to live in my whole life.
  • Watching hours of bowl games and basketball.
  • Having absolutely nothing important to do. (See above.)
  • Watching my little siblings open their presents.
  • Singing Christmas songs while wearing a thousand yards of purple fabric. (Madrigals. Ahh, the memories.)
  • Knowing all of the people that saw me grow up are currently within a 2 mile radius.
  • Cuddling/crying/laughing with my sisters while watching The Notebook.
  • Seeing the lights on Temple Square.
  • That cinnamon spice smell!

"I don't care if the house is packed, or the strings of lights are broken. I don't care if the gifts are wrapped, or there's nothing here to open. Love is not a toy, and no paper will conceal it. Love is simply joy, that I'm home." 
-Sara Bareilles, Love is Christmas

Two days people!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Welcome home! Have a wonderful Christmas. See you Sunday.