October 18, 2011

To love at all.

"To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even to an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entaglements; lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket--safe, dark, motionless, airless--it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable."

-C.S. Lewis


[Via Pinterest]

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Such a powerful and wonderful quote! C.S. Lewis is just incredible. Thanks for sharing!!

Laura said...

I love that quote! I just read the your last 3 posts... please come home and live by me so you can inspire me with this wonderfulness that thrives in you everyday. I love being your friend; and i love you!!! You are so great and I feel privileged to be your friend.

love love love love laura